Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Disneyland!!

Josh and I just got back from a wonderful weekend at Disneyland! Yes, we went just us two. We dropped the kids off in Middleton and flew out of Boise. It was so much fun being with Josh at Disneyland! The park was all decorated with Halloween, it was so cool. They changed the Haunted Mansion into "Nightmare Before Christmas" with Jack Scarington all over. The characters were in their halloween duds and the giant pumpkins were amazing. We got to be kids again, well until Josh got sick, not from the rides but nonetheless sick. He was a trooper and we still did a ton. We walked so much and so fast that by Sat we were exhausted. We rode every ride we wanted to and only waited about 20 min in each line. Well the new Toy Story ride was about 30 min, but worth it. We ate some great food including Blue Bayou (inside Pirates of the Carribean ride), Hook's Pointe and Goofy's Kitchen. Blue Bayou was by far the BEST! Some of our favorite rides were California Screamin, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn and Pirates. The fireworks were great, we watched from on top of the river boat. We saw a lot of characters the most friendly- Pluto; the most unfriendly- Sully! We had a really nice room at the Disneyland Hotel and it was nice to be right there, I couldn't have imagined walking any farther to a hotel. We missed a few things like the tea-cups and Mr. Toads's wild ride but we'll get to them next time. I am so glad we had a chance to go just the two of us for a couple of reasons: first it was a much needed getaway for us, it is great to fall in love AGAIN, and second, now I know what I would and wouldn't do with the kids with us. With that said it was great to see the kids on Sunday, and a BIG shout out "THANKS" to Dave, Audrey, Jason, and Cori for watching our little munchkins. They had so much fun in Idaho! They all loved the Mickey and Minnie Ears we brought back for them (picture coming soon). Josh made the comment that only at Disneyland could a grown man wear mickey ears and not get crap for it. He is right. It is such a fun place where imagination is overflowing! I can't wait to go again!! WAHOO!

7 comments:

Burton's said...

I've been watching for this post for two days. Looks like you had lots of fun. Gotta LOVE Disneyland Hopefully the whole big fam can go sometime. Think of how crazy with all 18 kids. Talk to ya later

Cheri said...

I love the Halloween decor! Next time we go we are for sure doing it around October.

Nicole said...

I am SOOOOO jealous. I love Disneyland in October, almost more than during Christmas. It's so much fun! This is the first year since Devin and I have been married that we haven't been to Disneyland at least once. I am so sad. My season pass for Christmas won't be coming this year either..too far away...but, can I say DisneyWORLD?? Glad you had fun, just the two of you!

BeCcA said...

How fun for you guys to go to Disneyland and be kids instead of chasing kids. Cute pictures

The Holmgrens said...

I'm jealous! How fun. I wish so bad that we could have gone with you.

Nicole Leavitt said...

Hey there! It's Nicole...from soccer! Jacque Rupp asked where I had gotten my watch bracelet and I was telling her that it was from your mom. I remembered that you said you knew who she was and she was trying to remember cuz I couldnt remeber your maiden name! Anyway...long story short, she found your blog to see if that is who I was talking about..so that is how I came upon your blog! Wow..long explanation! Anyway..cute blog! Call me sometime and we can get the kiddos together!

The Birds said...

You guys are awesome!! I love Disney and how fun to go just the two of you! Great Pics!
~Chandi