Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random


I need to post more often, but I always seem to run out of time because of reading other people's blogs. This morning I thought I would take a minute. Show some random pics and say a few random thoughts. I was reading in my study guide this morning and it had an interesting quote about "learning to decipher how the spirit talks to YOU individually". I have always struggled with this. I get a feeling and then wonder if it was just my skitzo brain, maybe fear, or was it an actual prompting. I am not sure yet, but I want to figure it out so I can be more sure of things. I was watching 24 with Josh last night and it makes me think of all sorts of in depth things. I awoke not wanting to send Kenna to school today. I prayed and never got a really STRONG feeling to keep her home so I sent her. I pray that it was just my fear talking and that I made the right decision to send her. Pray, Pray Pray. I really need to work on my fear and have more faith. I am trying!!
Okay more random. Kenna and I went to Lehi last saturday to Jen's baby shower. It was great to see some of the Ross fam, we don't see them nearly enough and Jen is so darn cute. I cannot wait to see those babies but do hope they wait for a few more weeks. It will be awesome to see how Brad figures out dirty diapers. Then we were able to visit with our wonderful friend Patty. It is always great to see her and the kids! Sunday we had fun celebrating uncle Gary's birthday, wow he is getting old j/k. Jessika's ice cream cake was delicioso!!
Well my house needs some major cleaning and Boston need more attention. PS The picture above was the one that was supposed to go out in our Christmas cards. Well because I am a slacker and Christmas caught up to me this year I did not get many sent. So sorry, I really wanted to send them but hey maybe you'll get a "Merry Summer" card or something. I'm out!

8 comments:

Mindi said...

Ash, you should listen to Elder Wirthlin's talk, The Unspeakable Gift, it goes along with your post. Maybe this will work:
http://broadcast.lds.org/genconf/173/mp3/2_1_wirthlin.mp3

Erin said...

That picture is great!

The Child Family said...

I love that pic, and your new background is so darn cute!!!!
I completely understand the whole faith/fear struggle, if you ever wanna talk, you know I'm here for ya babe!!!!

Brad and Hayley Bingham said...

It was so good to see you at Maceys (it feels like forever ago). We need to get together. Christmas was crazy and since then my family and I have been sick with everything. But we are finally getting better! So lets plan something soon.

Nicole said...

Cute post, and cutest picture ever. Where did you pick up those little cuties. I agree with you on the promptings. It's so hard for me, and I hate when I brush it off as my craziness, and it turns out it was for real. I heard somewhere that we have to keep praying for guidance and it will help us to learn to listen and then we will KNOW when we are being prompted. It's still hard :) I am glad someone else struggles with it too! Geesh...could this be any more wordy?

Anonymous said...

Seriously Ashley your post hit close to home... thank you for posting and helping me feel like Im not so alone in my thoughts and worries. Your a great mom! I love to see your blog and how your kids are growing... I look forward to the class reunion or hopefully seeing you before than. Take care and thanks again for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashlee, how are ya? I found you from Charee's blog (I think, or maybe Cally's) I've been blog surfing too much today!! Your blog is super cute, I love the pics of the family :D
My blog is private so if you wanna email me I can send you an invite. I'm mean it's nothin special, but it's fun to have friends blogs;)
My email is onenjen@yahoo.com, give me your email and I'll send it.
Jen Kangas

The Birds said...

I had to stop watching shows like that (CSI, Without a Trace, Law & Order, etc.) because I would always think that all those horrible things were going to happen to me and my family!!! Oh, and btw, the picture of your kiddos is very cute! Hope you're surviving the horrible cold and snow up that way!
~Chandi