Monday, April 27, 2009

Food for thought . . . especially for Dave.

Here are a couple of meals we made lately. The first is what we call Carne Mateo, a london broil marinated in jalapenos and pepperoncini's then grilled to perfection with a salty crust. It turned out great thanks to Josh's grilling skills. Yes, my man's got skillz. Then with grilled pineapple, rice and salad complimenting this perfectly balanced meal makes for some good eats!! Check that out Alton.

>

Next is a birthday dinner dedicated to Dave. I say dedicated because today was his birthday and we couldn't celebrate with him. So I say why not celebrate anyway. So this one is thanks to Emeril! Stuffed pork roast with roasted cauliflower on the side. The stuffing was made with sausage, apples, parsley, and toasted almonds. OH MAN! I worried because the roll didn't look really pretty, mainly because I didn't get the right string to tie it with, but it was great! I complimented with a bbq/dijon mustard sauce. Holy cow Dave, wish you were here. BAM BAM!!

Okay I am missing watching the food network, so this will have to do. Besides I get to actually taste it instead of look at it!

6 comments:

Dave said...

There are things in life that you really treasure, and sharing what you cook with someone you love is one of the best things there is. Thanks for sharing my birthday dinner, I am sure it was "The Best Ever"
Love you guys

Mindi said...

Wow, Ashley, that all looks delicious. Adam bought 4 or 5 london broil and stuck 'em in our freezer for future use. We love that recipe.

Anonymous said...

WOW, I am totally salivating here!!! YUMMY!!

The Child Family said...

You should publish a cookbook... with the shopping list. You could make millions and retire. I'd buy it!!!!!

Brad and Hayley Bingham said...

Wow, that is beautiful! You guys have skills. We had fun playing at the park, lets do it again. We decided to go private on our blog send me an email and I will send an invite: yelyahmahgnib@gmail.com

The Holmgrens said...

Uh, I think you should open a restaurant. Looks so yummy!