Monday, December 3, 2007

Kicking off Christmas!!



I decided that we needed to kick off the Christmas season with a fun movie night. When there is a movie there has to be popcorn. So the kids and I made "Grannie Goose Popcorn". Yummo! Colored green it just got me in the spirit. Although I had to threaten everyone that if they ruined this, by acting naughty, they could go to bed and I would watch the movie and eat all the popcorn by myself! Oh yes, and the movie was "Muppet's Christmas Carol". Some might think I am crazy, but I love that movie. I thought the kids would like it too, they had never seen it. Kenna said she got scared of the ghost of things yet to come (the future). I actually think this version of "A Christmas Carol" is less scary than others I have seen. So as the kids and I watched and ate our yummy popcorn, Josh took a nap. I have to admit I wasn't surprised, he had a long day with it being the last day of the month. Oh well, his scrooge days will be eliminated if I have anything to do with it! And as Scrooge and Tiny Tim say "God Bless us Everyone". What a great way to start the holidays. And Sunday we got to watch the First Presidency give their Christmas Devotional. It was awesome. It really brought perspective back to why we have Christmas. To celebrate our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ's birth. You know "Away in a Manger" always seems to make me cry! I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Richards Family said...

That looks like so much fun. If I was there I wouldn't have fallen asleep. I love the Muppets Christmas Carol. More cheeses for us meeces. Popcorn looks awesome. Guess what I made. My friend Brooke and I had a candy making day on Friday. We made choc. drizzled carmel corn, choc./caramel apples, toffee and caramels. It was so fun. Mom would of been so proud!