Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Garden!

I have been so excited to have my very own garden this year. That was a must when looking for our home. I had a small container garden in Vancouver and it got me hooked. It is something I really enjoy doing. Now I really am just a beginner so this one is trial and error. I didn't really realize how much I planted until I started typing it up. I have already had failures: broccoli and cauliflower. So I pulled those out and planted pickling onions yesterday. My best growing plants has to be my tomatillo pepper plant and the tomatos and beets aren't doing too bad either. So the contents: tomatoes (a few varieties), jalepeno pepper, red and green bells, cylindrical beets, cucumbers, onions, tomatillo and in the pics you'll see the broccoli and cauliflower. Around the house I have some zucchini and spaghetti squash. If it all works then we'll have a busy canning season and lots of good eats!
Sorry about spelling errors. Also these pics were taken a couple of weeks ago, I will post a more recent one in a couple of days. Everything is a lot bigger now. The slide show has kind of a crazy design, but cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! your yard is beautiful! Lost of work but it pays off... I love working in the yard as well. Take care!
Crystal