Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Great Week!

Okay, so most of you reading this know that I have the best father-in-law in the world. Sorry for the rest of you, j/k. Dave was able to come and stay with us for a whole week while Audrey was over seas. It was great!! We tried some new recipes and some longstanding favorites, food always plays a big part when we're together. We went to the park several times, played horseshoes, shopped (poor Griff was such a trooper), ate, picked me out a bike, ate some more, worked on the yard and garden, fixed some sprinklers, took naps, went to the library, gossners, distribution center, watched some movies, went to the Temple, and contemplated the worlds biggest mysteries and solved them, but we'll let the rest of you figure them out.
The kids just love Grandpa Dave. He is so cute with them. Boston would wake every morning asking for Grandpa, who cares about mom, he just wanted Gramps. Well until Gramps drenched him with the hose. Griffin was getting used to Gramps just as he left now we'll have to start at square one next time. We also gave Dave his diaper changing opportunity for the decade. This time it was Griff and I'm sure it will be at least another 10 years before he does it again, thanks Dave. I know Josh loved being able to come home and hang out with his dad even though most of the time they were in the un-airconditioned blue car. Yipes, we really need to upgrade. We don't want them baking like toasted cheesers anymore. I don't think Josh will enjoy playing horseshoes with me quite as much. Kenna will miss her Gramps. She loves that he will read her stories and take her for walks. So special. I too had so much fun. I'm just sad the week is over. We look forward to the next time Grandma is out of town. No offense Audrey, we'd love for you to come down as well. This is a long no picture post, sorry we were so busy having fun that I forgot to take pics. I'll remember next time. Thanks Dave, you're the best!!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Thanks Ash! I just can't wait for Lauren's hair to get really long. As for the pants, I don't even have a clue what pants they are. I've got way too many girls clothes so no worries. Dad said he has a blast and loved the food. What's the temperature up there lately?

All the good... said...

Hey! My mom got Kenna's sweet note in the mail today and cried! She misses her class so much! Thanks for writing helping her send it. It made both my mom's and I's day!