Thursday, December 11, 2008

Some of my favorites!

I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorites about Christmas time so here it goes:

Treats inculde: toffee, peanut brittle, gingerbread (anykind), Egg Nog (mixed with half milk), peanut clusters, Andes Mints, and pretty much just about anything.

Movies: White Christmas is at the top, Muppet's Christmas Carol, Mr. Kruegar's, The Santa Claus (1), Home Alone, Elf, and of course Miracle of 34th Street.

Activities: I love to see all the fun lights, make gingerbread or graham cracker houses. I like to decorate my own, ALONE! Caroling on the hay wagon (oh the days with Grandpa Vern), putting up my Nativities, getting Christmas cards, and seeing my mom's decorated house.

Traditions: Cream cheese croissants and oj Christmas morning, unless we are with the Ross' then it is Mtn. Man breakfast (yum yum). Reading the Christmas story. Trying to see the lights at Temple Square. We have been gone for a few years so hopefully this year. New Traditions are fun too hopefully we will make some of our own with the kids. I heard a fun one; when going around to see the lights, let the kids judge which house they like best and then leave that house a treat and Congrats for winning our "best lights" award.

Music: I am tard because I don't know how to put music on my blog but some of my favorites are Bing Crosby, Kenny and Dolly's Christmas, Cindy Lou singing "Where are you Christmas" (and any other version), Voicemale, MoTab, and singing at Sacrament.
Specific songs: "White Christmas", "Mary did you know", "We Three kings", "Away in a Manger", "It came Upon a Midnight Clear", and "Christmas Bells".

I love the giving and I must say I like the getting too (who doesn't), but the giving outways the getting by far. I have really wanted to find someone to be of service to this year. HOpefully I can and try to involve the kids as well. There are so many fun magical things to do with the kids around this time of year that teaches them so much good!! Now if I just really TRY! Well this post is all about me, sorry but it has been fun to sit and think about Christmas. As I am thinking I remembered that this month's Ensign it AWESOME! Every single story touched me so much, and almost all of them made me cry. I don't like to admit that but they were so neat! Read it if you haven't. We are so lucky to have the knowledge of our Savior Jesus Christ and the words of a wonderful Prophet and Apostles.

So as I say adue I do so with the words of Ebeneezer Scrooge "BAH HUMBUG" hee hee Just kidding how about "I will honor Christmas today, forever and always".

2 comments:

The Child Family said...

You are an absolute giver!!!! I love your traditions, those are so cute, even down to Christmas breakfast, depending on who's house you're at :) Thank you by the way for the rolls, those were superb!!!!! You should open a restaurant, you are such a good cook (or at least do an Enrichment activity and teach us all how to do it)
Thanks for being such a GREAT friend!!!!!

Susanna said...

Cute blog Ashlee!!!! I know that you are a great giver, because you are always giving to us! We sure lucked out in the great neighbor department!