Monday, July 26, 2010

It's been a long time!!














The last few months have been full of ups and downs, laughter and tears, and much much more. Through this whole "Josh being laid off" thing I keep asking myself "What am I supposed to be learning?" I never wanted to ask why because I know that there are things that are a whole lot worse and I wouldn't want anyone else's trials. I was doing really well until about May. We had a couple of job offers and neither one panned out. It was so frustrating, beyond words. At one point we thought Josh had is dream job and that fell through and then he was offered a job that would keep us in Logan in our home and close to my family and then that was taken away. Talk about a roller coaster ride, that is one roller coaster that I do NOT want to take again! After a lot of tears and frustration we decided it was time to "make a move", a leap of faith if you will. A different state, a different city, and hopefully a different opportunity. I was and still am clinging to Josh's faith but mine is getting stronger. Within two weeks of moving Josh was offered a job. A much needed answer to a year long prayer. The Lord knew that we had hit rock bottom emotionally and this was huge. We really have felt his love all along, when I was looking for it. When my view got clouded I lost sight and began to spiral downwards. If I could step back, which is really hard for me, then I could see a bigger picture. I have not seen the end but I am learning to be okay with the process. Despite the trials, the blessing have been huge.
As hard as the last little while has been with leaving my home and family and friends, we have stayed busy and had a lot of fun. Going and doing really has been the only thing keeping me sane. We have had awesome bbq's with the most awesome Hancey family. They are truly amazing people. I don't have pics and I am way bummed about that, but we could not of stayed positive without them. We have camped with both sides of the family; bear lake with the Roche fam and Ashton with the Ross'. All these events deserve their own post but I am not sure that I will ever get that done. So there is a picture buffet through out this post. Two days after we came to Idaho I talked Josh into taking us to Vancouver to see our dear friends for the Fourth of July!! I think Josh knew that I needed to get away and forget about real life even if it was only for a couple of days. It was so great! Meags has a precious new baby and we were able to be there for his blessing and sweet Sadie's baptism. Then we hit the Oregon Zoo, one of my favorites, and then an awesome hike above Amboy. Wow, I love Vancouver but loved the company even more. Drives through Logan canyon, swimming at the pool, working in the yard, and celebrating Griffy's birthday are just a few more.
Josh and I have been right by each other's side for almost a year. At times I know we wanted to kill eachother but since Josh has gone back to work I really miss him. He is my best friend!!
I cannot believe that school starts in just a couple of weeks! The kids r doing really well considering they have had to adjust also. Hopefully making friends will come swiftly for them and I am hoping this school is as good as Logan! We sure miss everybody down there!!!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Its good to see you are alive Ash!! I'm so sorry about your roller coaster ride. Its so hard! I can't think of any stronger person to go through this. I'm so glad you have had Josh by your side and the two of you have grown through this yucky experience. While its hard to live away from home (especially since you were finally close!), you know that it can also be a blessing. So glad to hear that your roller coaster ride is starting to be enjoyable again! Sure miss you girl!!!

Jaynann said...

That's wonderful! We were so glad to hear that things are looking up. We miss you guys!

Erin said...

Your alive! I am so glad for things seem to be moving in the right place. We love you guys!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

Sorry that it has taken me forever to see this new post of yours, but i am so grateful that i did. I have missed seeing your beautiful family and your beautiful face. You are such a wonderful family and we are so grateful for you as being friends. Hope things have gotten even better and better. Before long, you will love it there more than you did here...and we may all be forgotten. BUT you can with everyone else.. BUT NOT THE MCCLELLANS because we love you and will always keep in touch. Let me know what we can do for you, ever! love the pics lady.

The Olsen Family said...

Well we are sure glad things are looking better for you guys, but we sure miss your family! Wish our families could have got to know eachother sooner... Good luck with everything else, and tell Boston hi from Bricker!