Friday, June 6, 2008

We are Home!!

Wow our very own home!! It has been a long time coming considering we just celebrated our 8th anniversary this week. We have been so blessed and are really loving it here in Logan.
We left Payson two weeks ago today. Have I mentioned that I had to drive one of the big moving trucks? Scary! Yeah, I am not so sure that I want to do that again. Especially when one of JOsh's comments when we got here was "I think someone was smoking pot in your truck"! No wonder I was so happy when we got here. Things went well and Kenna was a huge help with Griffin. Boston rode with Josh. We got the little truck unpacked Fri night with the help of some great neighbors. Wow, not only did people come to help move but then one neighbor brought us back pizza, breadsticks and soda. What great people. They knew us for what 5 seconds. Then on Sat. Josh's family, Dave, Audrey, Brett and Cheri drove down from Boise and my mom, dad, Jessika and GAry came over to help. It was awesome and I will forever be in their debt. It took a couple of hours to unpack the kitchen where it took about 2 weeks to do it by myself down in Payson. Brett mowed my jungle of a lawn, really it is so green and thick, Dave and Dad fixed up my garden, they knew how important is was to me, and everyone else helped unpack a ton of boxes. Afterwards we had a bbq and then played some horseshoes at Willow Park. It was a great weekend. The only sad part was when everyone had to leave, but they left behind about 2 dozen doughnuts and cinnamon twists, just what I need. They are GRRRRReat!!
Since the move we have painted the kitchen. I love it. The green turned out great and now it is on to touch-ups. The before in the pic with my mom is a really limey bright green and the new color is more sage green.
We also were able to got to baby Oaklie's blessing last Sun. It will be great living closer to the fam. Now if the road construction would hurry up. We also took the kids up to second damn and had a picnic. They loved it, blisters and all. I wasn't planning on hiking but we did a little and in sandals. Not a good combination. I am just really excited for all that cache valley has to offer! Now on for another fun weekend.

8 comments:

Richards Family said...

Hey, Fun pictures. I bet you guys are just loving being in your own place. The paint looks really good too but I expect more pictures when you get stuff up on the walls and decorations. Have fun eating at all those yummy restaurants in Logan. That would be one thing that could be bad and good if I lived in Logan, I would want to eat out all the time. Can't wait to see more pictures. Give the kids a squeeze for me. Love ya gutts!!

Stacy said...

Hey Ashley,
This is Stacy Oyler Cardon. I am not sure if I've ever left you a comment, but I was so happy for you and your new house, I just had to. And, so jealous that you get to live in Logan. I love it there. It's great. Anyway, congratulations. Talk to you later.
Stacy

Cheri said...

I like how the color turned out, but I'm waiting for when it's decorated. I liked your idea of lettering. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend,
So glad you are closer... hopefully we will see you around town. You family is darling, and congrats on the new house... its the best having your own place!
Take care
crysatl

Grandma said...

Thanks for all of the news and the pictures. It is awesome for me to see and read about your family.

Burton's said...

i cant wait to see your house. hopefully you will be there the next time i am in Logan. talk to ya later

The Birds said...

How fun for you guys! Being close to family is great! And a house...(sigh)...one day maybe! Congrats and enjoy that house!
~Chandi

Dave said...

So Ash, you talked about hiking, but I wondered if the second Dam was in reference to having to do something you didn't want to or is it something that holds back water?
We did have a great time being with you